Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com> on 2012/12/16 12:59:29 UTC

Apache2 constants syntax question

Hi.

I suppose that this is a bit academical, but I'm wondering anyway.

In Apache2::Const, there are a number of constants member of the ":common" import group,
which are (presumably) the same as their near equivalent in the ":http" import group.
For example :
Apache2::Const::FORBIDDEN ~ Apache2::Const::HTTP_FORBIDDEN
etc..

Which ones should I use ?
Is there a difference ?
If not, what was the idea in defining some of them twice with a different name ?

Re: Apache2 constants syntax question

Posted by Torsten Förtsch <to...@gmx.net>.
On 12/16/2012 12:59 PM, André Warnier wrote:
> Is there a difference ?

no

> If not, what was the idea in defining some of them twice with a
> different name ?

I think mostly historical. Mp1 already had these overlapping sets. In
the beginning mp2 tried to be as compatible as possible to mp1.

Torsten