Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Jason Tesser <ja...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/02 15:59:26 UTC

1.5 get at RuntimeServices

I am modifying 1.5 Velocity code to allow me to serialize templates.

What is the proper way to get at the runtimeservices?  They are private on
the VelocityEngine.  In our app that is a singleton.  I can make the
RuntimeServices transient and then get the VelocityEngine to get at it
assuming I expose it with a getter.  Is there a better way?  I know this is
hacky which is why I am asking?

Thanks,
Jason Tesser
dotCMS Lead Development Manager
1-305-858-1422

Re: 1.5 get at RuntimeServices

Posted by Jason Tesser <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yea for what it is worth I ended getting this working in Both 1.6.3 and
1.5.

I modified Velocity so all the Velocity Object/Templates are Serializable.

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.