Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Hitesh Gautam <ga...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/03 03:41:51 UTC

GSOC 18: Apache Taverna Mobile

Hello,

I am* Hitesh Gautam *from India pursuing my* B.Tech(IT and Mathematical
Innovation) *from *Cluster Innovation Centre*, University of Delhi. I want
to work on the Apache Taverna Mobile as a GSoC 2018 student.

I plan to work on UI test and JUnit test in apache taverna mobile in GSoC
2018.

So I have already gone through the code of this application and set it up
successfully on my system. I found that the current codebase of the
application uses RxJava 1 but support for RxJava 1 is coming to an end
soon. So I suggest that we migrate the project from RxJava 1 to RxJava 2
and then we write new UI tests and JUnit tests for the updated codebase.
This will help keep the application stable and provide support for the
latest changes in the dependencies.

Tasks I plan to work on during this project:-

   - Migrate the project from RxJava 1 to RxJava 2

   - UI Improvements

   - UI test and JUnit test

   - More to be added as I contribute further to the project.

      Issues I am currently working on:-

   - On the login screen, if we type correct username then it shows the
   message: “enter valid email Id” under text field and if we type correct
   email then again it shows “enter valid email id”. This issue is also
   depicted in images below:-

           Login Page (using correct username)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kiWFnatkBCvxLPsooLvYS4Nk1JgCYO3h

           Login Page 2(using correct email)

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1c3IIml67L38XLNJ6nynrmcw7NFd0udS2

   - In Dashboard the usage panel UI can be improved significantly. I have
   already started making some minor changes.

Before changes
                       .
        https://drive.google.com/open?id=1AtW70REVhI0PB2N1jEtUgfQUdGMNCm4J

        After Changes

        https://drive.google.com/open?id=1e8UyvyQo0oKiDssTsMglGrG6vuE7Y7b4

Thank You

--
Regards
Hitesh Gautam

Re: GSOC 18: Apache Taverna Mobile

Posted by Sagar <ku...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hitesh,

Thanks for showing interest in the project.

It is a good idea to migrate the RxJava 1 to RxJava 2 for longterm
stability.
Please go ahead.

Also Thanks for notifying the issues.
Feel free to send PR against the issues.

Thanks
Sagar

‌

--