Posted to dev@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <nb...@apache.org> on 2005/10/23 18:16:59 UTC

Velocity Tools 1.2-rc1 is available

I'm happy to announce the availability of a release candidate for
VelocityTools 1.2.

VelocityTools is a collection of Velocity subprojects with a common
goal of creating tools and infrastructure for building both web and
non-web applications using the Velocity template engine.
 - GenericTools provide Date/Number formatting, Math operations, and much more.
 - VelocityView provides a time-tested servlet and tools for
Velocity-based webapps.
 - VelocityStruts is a robust and easy-to-implement alternative to JSP
for Struts webapps.

Major changes in this release are:
 - Support for Struts 1.2.7 in the VelocityStruts tools
 - Added support for tool configuration parameters in toolbox.xml
 - VelocityView (and VelocityStruts) now use a VelocityEngine instead
of the Velocity singleton
 - Many new tools (ValueParser, EscapeTool, SortTool, ListTool,
BrowserSniffer, AbstractPagerTool, and Alternator)
 - Many improvements to existing tools (DateTool, MathTool, etc.)
 - Many bug fixes
 - And other miscellaneous improvements...

To download, please visit:
http://people.apache.org/~nbubna/

Please give it a try and let us know of any problems.  If all is well,
we hope to do a final release in a few weeks.

Cheers!