Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org> on 2016/04/27 22:16:47 UTC

DataStore impl using commons-vfs?

Hi,

I wonder if anyone has tried to implement a DataStore with SFTP
backend. I know there is S3DataStore already, but in some cases, SFTP
might be more proper than S3 for some reasons. And it can be more
cost-effective than shared disk-based solution with FSDataStore in
specific cases.
If there's no trial before, then I'm thinking an implementation may
use commons-vfs library. That could allow other backends such as hdfs,
webdav, etc.
Is there any effort before I can take a look at, or do you have any
other insights to share with me about this?

By the way, I'm still with Jackrabbit 2 for my wcms developments.

Thanks in advance,

Woonsan

Re: DataStore impl using commons-vfs?

Posted by Woonsan Ko <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I ended up writing VFS based DataStore implementation and creating a
PR with the following JIRA ticket! :-)
- https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-3975

At the moment, I validated the functionality (unit tests and
integration testing on my example project using hippo/jackrabbit)
against both local file system and WebDAV backend (using WsgiDAV
python server). See jackrabbit-vfs-ext/README.md in my feature branch
for detail.

Could someone review the PR?

Thanks in advance,

Woonsan

P.S. I'd like to give more effort/contribution to support/validate
against other backends, too, once it's accepted/merged. e.g, sftp,
hdfs, etc.