Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Thanos Chatziathanassiou <tc...@arx.gr> on 2001/06/28 16:44:33 UTC

Apache::ASP v2.17

I had stumbled upon the multislect issue with multipart/form-data and
since this issue is resolved in 2.17, I decided to upgrade.
I have a development system with perl 5.6.1, apache 1.3.20, mod_perl
1.24 which I upgraded first and then decided to upgrade my production
servers, since everything seemed to be all right.
The production systems all run the same O/S as the development system
and their directory and configurations are identical. However, they are
running apache 1.3.12, perl 5.0005 and mod_perl 1.24, since I have not
yet found the time/courage to upgrade and test such core components as
apache and (mod_)perl.
After make test reported everything fine and a short make install, I
restarted apache, only to find myself bombarded with
``Use of uninitialised value at Apache/ASP.pm line 863''.
line 863 reads: `` if((stat($k))[9] > $v) {'' if anyone is wondering.

Everything appears to be working but the warning is rather alarming.
Any ideas ?
Configuration files are available if you need them, but I thought I
shouldn't flood the list unless absolutely necessary.

Regards,
Thanos Chatziathanassiou

Re: Apache::ASP v2.17

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Thanos Chatziathanassiou wrote:

> I had stumbled upon the multislect issue with multipart/form-data and
> since this issue is resolved in 2.17, I decided to upgrade.
> I have a development system with perl 5.6.1, apache 1.3.20, mod_perl
> 1.24 which I upgraded first and then decided to upgrade my production
> servers, since everything seemed to be all right.
> The production systems all run the same O/S as the development system
> and their directory and configurations are identical. However, they are
> running apache 1.3.12, perl 5.0005 and mod_perl 1.24, since I have not
> yet found the time/courage to upgrade and test such core components as
> apache and (mod_)perl.
> After make test reported everything fine and a short make install, I
> restarted apache, only to find myself bombarded with
> ``Use of uninitialised value at Apache/ASP.pm line 863''.
> line 863 reads: `` if((stat($k))[9] > $v) {'' if anyone is wondering.

I'll send you my latest dev 2.19 separately, with only differences
from 2.17 to fix this problem.  I try to make sure both stat($k) & $v
are defined before doing the comparison is all, and the diff looks like:

***************
*** 859,866 ****
         my $includes = $Apache::ASP::Includes{$self->{basename}})
        {
          for my $k (keys %$includes) {
!             my $v = $includes->{$k};
!             if((stat($k))[9] > $v) {
                  return 1;
              }
          }
--- 859,867 ----
         my $includes = $Apache::ASP::Includes{$self->{basename}})
        {
          for my $k (keys %$includes) {
!             my $v = $includes->{$k} || 0;
!             my @stat = stat($k);
!             if(@stat && $stat[9] > $v) {
                  return 1;
              }