Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Nathan Bubna <na...@esha.com> on 2003/01/09 16:37:28 UTC

Re: Velocity-Struts tool - which version of struts does this work with?

Eliot said:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I think this is the right place to ask this - which version of Struts does
> the CVS HEAD of the Velocity-Struts tool module work with?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Eliot

afaik, it can work just fine with either Struts 1.0 or Struts 1.1.
*however*, there are a some Struts 1.1 features that you will not be able to
take advantage of if you use Velocity-Struts as it is without modification.
there are plans (and even some commented out code) for supporting at least
ActionMessages, but at this point this has not been added to the
Velocity-Struts code base (i have posted the necessary code though; check
the archives).

there has also been some discussion of adding support for Struts Validator
and Tiles.  most people, however, seem to be getting along fine with what's
there now.

Nathan Bubna
nathan@esha.com