Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by ax...@accenture.com on 2001/08/13 17:43:44 UTC

Using extra fonts with embedded FOP ?

hi,

having read the existing documentation on adding extra fonts to FOP, the
added fonts are - once translated into a format understandable to FOP -
specified using a command line configuration file.

When using an embedded version of FOP, can I add the fonts to config.xml
and rebuild FOP rather than cerating & specifying userconfig.xml ? What
options are there to make userconfig.xml known to an embedded FOP ?
TIA
               Axel

 Axel Spohr
 Accenture GmbH
 Otto-Volger-Straße 15
 D-65843 Sulzbach, Taunus
 Financial Services
 Telefon +49 6196 57-67706
 Telefax +49 6196 57-50
 (Octel, Global VPN: 46/67706)
 axel.spohr@accenture.com

Re: Using extra fonts with embedded FOP ?

Posted by Keiron Liddle <ke...@aftexsw.com>.
On Mon, 13 Aug 2001 17:43:44 axel.spohr@accenture.com wrote:
> When using an embedded version of FOP, can I add the fonts to config.xml
> and rebuild FOP rather than cerating & specifying userconfig.xml ?

you should only modify the userconfig.xml

> What options are there to make userconfig.xml known to an embedded FOP ?

you only need to do this:
   userConfigFile = new File(userConfig);
   options = new Options(userConfigFile);

at least that is what cocoon does.