Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Derek Hohls <dh...@csir.co.za> on 2005/06/24 09:00:13 UTC

Site icon display

This is a trivial question, I know, but..
how do I add an icon for my site that overrides the default
Cocoon "chain link" icon...

I have tried:
<link rel="SHORTCUT ICON" type="image/ico"  href="path/favicon.ico"></link>
and
<link rel="icon" type="image/png" href="path/favicon.png"></link>

where for "path" I have tried both relative and absolute paths....
even calling:

http://..AbsolutePath.../favicon.ico

still shows up the Cocoon "chain link" icon!

Any tips appreciated!

Thanks
Derek

(PS I need a solution that allows each site, all running under the same
Cocoon deployment on the same server, to have its own icon)

Re: Site icon display

Posted by "Volkm@r" <pl...@arcor.de>.
Derek Hohls wrote:
> This is a trivial question, I know, but..
> how do I add an icon for my site that overrides the default
> Cocoon "chain link" icon...
[...]

Hi Derek,
You know this is browser dependant, so which browsers did you try?
Don't forget to put the favicons into the relevant root directories for
each site. And if it's still not working, please check with Firefox'
LiveHTTPHeaders[1] extension. This will exactly tell you where it's
looking for the favicon.
[1]<http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/>

HTH
--
Volkm@r

Re: Site icon display

Posted by Marc Salvetti <ma...@notremanou.net>.
And make sure you have the *.ico matcher in the sitemap, i forgot this
before and spend a few hours understanding why the icon wouldn't show up.

Marc

Re: Site icon display

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.