Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sathwik <ba...@intalio.com> on 2012/06/25 13:44:07 UTC

Http basic auth with axis2 1.5.5

Hi,

Apache ODE uses axis2 1.5.5. There is a feature to support http basic
auth as documented here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ODExSITE/HTTP+Authentication

The implementation for this feature can be found here
https://github.com/apache/ode/blob/trunk/axis2/src/main/java/org/apache/ode/axis2/AuthenticationHelper.java

I have tried with a sample business process and my findings are
documented as well in this forum posting
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/ode-dev/201206.mbox/ajax/%3C4FE82E1E.6090808%40intalio.com%3E

What I want to know from this forum is that when the

HttpTransportProperties.Authenticator is set on the Options object, what is the behavior of Axis2.

1) Will axis2 check with the target service to see if basic auth is required and then only output the "Authorization:" header in the outgoing soap message.
2) Or, will axis2 add this header if Authenticator object is set in the options object without checking whether the target service needs it.

regards,
sathwik