Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2004/07/02 13:35:22 UTC

apr-util RPM build failure: install.sh

Hi all,

While trying to build the apr-util RPM, the build bombs out because it
cannot find install.sh.

To fix this should I:

- Install install.sh into "apr-config --installbuilddir" in apr-devel,
and then modify apr-util to look for install.sh inside "apr-config
--installbuilddir".

- Install a copy of install.sh into the apr-util ./build directory.

The second option seems to be the cleanest option, and more consistent.

The build fails like so:

+ ./configure --host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu --build=i686-redhat-linux-gnu
--target=i386-redhat-linux --program-prefix= --prefix=/usr
--exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin
--sysconfdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/include
--libdir=/usr/lib --libexecdir=/usr/libexec --localstatedir=/var
--sharedstatedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man
--infodir=/usr/share/info --with-apr=/usr
--includedir=/usr/include/apr-1 --with-ldap --without-gdbm
configure: error: cannot find install-sh or install.sh in build ./build

Graham

Re: apr-util RPM build failure: install.sh

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Joe Orton wrote:

> If there isn't, that's a problem in the tarball you're using.  buildconf
> must have been run *before* creating the tarball, that's part of the
> release process.
>
> There is a build/install.sh in the apr-util-1.0.rc2.tar.gz which David
> posted.

Was it checked in correctly?

[minfrin@gatekeeper apr-util-1.0.0]$ cvs -z9 update build/install.sh
Password:
cvs server: nothing known about build/install.sh

The above directory contains HEAD.

Regards,
Graham

Re: apr-util RPM build failure: install.sh

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Jul 02, 2004 at 01:51:04PM +0200, Graham Leggett wrote:
> Joe Orton wrote:
>
> >>- Install install.sh into "apr-config --installbuilddir" in apr-devel,
> >>and then modify apr-util to look for install.sh inside "apr-config
> >>--installbuilddir".
> >>
> >>- Install a copy of install.sh into the apr-util ./build directory.
>
> >The apr-util ./buildconf already does this second option.
>
> I don't follow: The second option was that I manually add install.sh to
> the apr-util/build directory (buildconf not being involved in this at
> all). There is no install.sh file there right now.

If there isn't, that's a problem in the tarball you're using.  buildconf
must have been run *before* creating the tarball, that's part of the
release process.

There is a build/install.sh in the apr-util-1.0.rc2.tar.gz which David
posted.

joe

Re: apr-util RPM build failure: install.sh

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Joe Orton wrote:

>>- Install install.sh into "apr-config --installbuilddir" in apr-devel,
>>and then modify apr-util to look for install.sh inside "apr-config
>>--installbuilddir".
>>
>>- Install a copy of install.sh into the apr-util ./build directory.

> The apr-util ./buildconf already does this second option.

I don't follow: The second option was that I manually add install.sh to
the apr-util/build directory (buildconf not being involved in this at
all). There is no install.sh file there right now.

As it stands now, when I build apr-util, it doesn't look for install.sh
in "apr-config --installbuilddir". Only when I add the install.sh file
to apr-util/build does it work.

Regards,
Graham

Re: apr-util RPM build failure: install.sh

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.