Posted to general@hadoop.apache.org by Michael Segel <mi...@hotmail.com> on 2011/03/10 01:09:55 UTC

Running m/r jobs from within Eclipse and NetBeans on Windows?

I just got this from a developer using Eclipse

"

11/03/09 12:20:14 INFO
zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Socket connection established to 10.8.120.61:2181, initiating session

11/03/09 12:20:14 INFO
zookeeper.ClientCnxn: Session establishment complete on server 10.8.120.61:2181, sessionid = 0x22df2ab81010592, negotiated timeout
= 40000

11/03/09 12:20:16 INFO jvm.JvmMetrics:
Initializing JVM Metrics with processName=JobTracker, sessionId=

Exception in thread "main" java.io.IOException: Failed to set
permissions of path:
file:/tmp/hadoop-boo/mapred/staging/boo1251500722/.staging to 0700

"

I had the same issue using NetBeans, but I couldn't find the solution and I gave up... (Too many other things to worry about and work on...)

The directory exists, the file exists and when looking at it through cygwin, I can see that the file permissions are 0700.

This appears to be the last step blocking us from being able to launch jobs directly out of Eclipse or NetBeans.

So I have to ask... what am I missing and if anyone else has seen this or came up with a solution?

Thx

-Mike