Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Sambit Bharimalla <sa...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/10 23:07:09 UTC

Maven2 plugin for Cactus

Hi,
          I have developed a J2EE project. I have choosen Maven2 for
automation build process.
My J2EE project involves some incontainer test cases written in Cactus. I
need suggestion if following is possible or not.

I want to ->
i- compile the code
ii- test out of container test cases
iii- build ear
iv- deploy the ear. (I ve separate scripts for deploying the ear)
v- run the incontainer test cases.
Any pointer how to achieve point # 5. Has cactus provided plugin for Maven2.
I searched net a lot. but didnt get any definite answer.

--
Thanks & Regards
Sambit

Re: Maven2 plugin for Cactus

Posted by Petar Tahchiev <pa...@gmail.com>.
2007/4/11, Sambit Bharimalla <sa...@gmail.com>:

> Hi,
>           I have developed a J2EE project. I have choosen Maven2 for
> automation build process.
> My J2EE project involves some incontainer test cases written in Cactus. I
> need suggestion if following is possible or not.
>
> I want to ->
> i- compile the code
> ii- test out of container test cases
> iii- build ear
> iv- deploy the ear. (I ve separate scripts for deploying the ear)
> v- run the incontainer test cases.
> Any pointer how to achieve point # 5. Has cactus provided plugin for
> Maven2.
> I searched net a lot. but didnt get any definite answer.
>
> --
> Thanks & Regards
> Sambit

Sambit hi,

Me and the rest of the Cactus team are currently involved in moving Cactus
in the incubator where we will
develop the new maven2 build system and the Cactus-m2-plugin. I will try to
answer to your questions below:
1) Yes you can compile your code with maven (see compiler plugin)
2) as well as run all of the out-of-container test cases like JUnit, TestNG,
... (see the corresponding plugin)
3) and eventually build jar/war/ear/....(see the corresponding plugin)
4) For deploying the archive you may consider using Cargo (
cargo.codehaus.org) - it is possible to start/stop/deploy
artifacts in a large variety of containers.
5) Currently the cactus-m2 plugin is able to cactify your package and merge
your webxmls. When the project is moved
in the incubator we will consider finishing the plugin. If you are
interested in helping, that will be a good thing.

Hope that helped!
--
Regards, Petar!
Karlovo, Bulgaria.

Public PGP Key at:
https://keyserver1.pgp.com/vkd/DownloadKey.event?keyid=0x19658550C3110611
Key Fingerprint: A369 A7EE 61BC 93A3 CDFF  55A5 1965 8550 C311 0611