Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> on 2010/09/15 22:34:47 UTC

[PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Hi,

in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is
seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody
interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive
can get source and binary bundles from this URL:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/

Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have
a close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes

If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA
that provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG

The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3
release can also be seen in JIRA:

http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&version=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create

Thanks,

-The Maven team

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Tim <ch...@gmail.com>.
Still not seeing the promised speed up when on a mac (and actually
always a bit slower).
But definitely seeing the improved times on a linux box (Linux
2.6.32-24-server #41-Ubuntu x86_64 GNU/Linux )

So it seems that if you are on a mac then be aware that upgrading to
mvn 3 could at best give you the same build times as mvn 2 and at
worst be a tad slower out of the box.

If you run with -T options it seems to deliver on performance.

The typical build times with mvn 2 are:
Linux: Total time: 57 seconds (always < 1m)
Mac: Total time: 1 minute 11 seconds (usually around this time +-5 seconds)

Initial build times using Apache Maven 3.0-RC1 (r997478; 2010-09-15
14:57:55-0500)
Linux: Total time: 1:53.554s
Mac: Total time: 1:56.945s

Subsequent build times:
Linux: Total time: 48.646s
Mac: Total time: 1:20.053s

I'm only added the last run of 3 from each since the runs were all pretty close.
This was tested on 2 different macs but only 1 linux box (which is a
hefty box so the times are a bit unfair towards the linux box).

Running with -T 1c brings the mac builds under a minute (2 cores on the macs).
Mac: Total time: 58.675s (Wall Clock)
And an astounding 1/2 time builds on the linux box (8 cores)
Linux: Total time: 32.193s (Wall Clock)

Posted by John Casey <jd...@commonjava.org>.
no problems here so far. I was able to run the assembly plugin ITs
without trouble, which is a change from beta-3...there seemed to be some
problem with passing expressions in on the command-line in beta-3.

At any rate, it looks good.

On 9/15/10 4:34 PM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is
> seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody
> interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive
> can get source and binary bundles from this URL:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/
>

> Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have
> a close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes
>

> If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA
> that provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG
>
> The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3
> release can also be seen in JIRA:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&version=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create
>

> Thanks,
>

> -The Maven team

John Casey
Developer, PMC Member - Apache Maven (http://maven.apache.org)
Blog: http://www.johnofalltrades.name/

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
stug23 wrote:

> We see the problem reported in https://issues.sonatype.org/browse/NEXUS-3776
>
> This would need to be resolved before we can use Maven 3.0-RC1.

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes#Maven3.xCompatibilityNotes-UniqueSnapshotVersionsandClassifiers

Benjamin

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Brian Fox <br...@infinity.nu>.
"This is actually happening because of a snapshot version metadata
change that went out with maven 3 beta 3, so if folks used that to
deploy, the metadata will be unreadable by nexus versions 1.7.2 and
earlier.

However, we do have a patch that can be applied.  Just drop the
following jar in your (basedir)/runtime/apps/nexus/lib directory  and
remove the existing mercury-md-shared-1.0-alpha-6.jar file (of course
requires nexus restart once done)

https://repository.sonatype.org/content/groups/forge/org/apache/maven/mercury/mercury-md-shared/1.0-alpha-6-SONATYPE/mercury-md-shared-1.0-alpha-6-SONATYPE.jar

This patch is able to be applied to nexus versions from 1.3.6 through
1.7.2, of course this will be non-issue come the 1.8.0 release"

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.

Posted by stug23 <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Jesse Glick wrote:

> So is this really a "candidate" for release as 3.0 or do you expect to
> continue making fixes?

I would like to roll at least one other RC this week.

> Will you keep on publishing "RC1" over and over
> (distinguishing the different builds with timestamps??), or will there
> be RC2, RC3, etc. as needed?

The next step is RC2, and by then the staging repo for RC1 will be dropped.

Benjamin

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Jesse Glick <je...@oracle.com>.
On 09/16/2010 05:21 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> This is an attempt to collect feedback from a broad audience before we start the vote for 3.0, similar to what was done in the past.

I'm a bit confused over the labeling "RC1", perhaps you could clarify.

1. Nothing is published at http://maven.apache.org/download.html - only beta 3.

2. http://www.sonatype.com/people/2010/09/please-try-maven-3-0-rc1/ says "[after making fixes] we will release the final RC1", implying maybe that this is a release
candidate of a release candidate.

3. There were votes on betas, but no apparent vote on this RC.

So is this really a "candidate" for release as 3.0 or do you expect to continue making fixes? Will you keep on publishing "RC1" over and over (distinguishing the
different builds with timestamps??), or will there be RC2, RC3, etc. as needed?

(I am bundling M3 builds in NetBeans 6.10 development builds, and I would like there to be unambiguous version labels in case any problems are found.)

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Hervé BOUTEMY wrote:

> is this a formal vote

Neither in the mail's subject nor in its body did I refer to any vote.

This is an attempt to collect feedback from a broad audience before we
start the vote for 3.0, similar to what was done in the past [0].

Benjamin

[0] http://www.mail-archive.com/users@maven.apache.org/msg100482.html

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
is this a formal vote (with "speedup option" to get more users feedback)?

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Jesse Glick <je...@oracle.com>.
On 09/15/2010 04:34 PM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fil[e] a report in JIRA

Would be good to take a look at http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4428 (server redirect handling) and reconsider its low priority. Although it is claimed to affect
2.2.1 and hence not be a M3 regression, my experience in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4816 is that some bug in M2 masks it under certain circumstances, so that M3
effectively regresses. A patch has been available for over six months with no official comment.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
After initially forgetting to download it before going offline (doh!) I've been using this for a couple of days without problems.

However, being on not-my-usual machine brought some fun errors this morning trying to build one different project, and further trying to break it brought a few output glitches that I've filed:
- surefire test results fall off the screen on a multi-module project (MNG-4823)
- resolution errors are less helpful, especially at widths of 80 characters (maybe newlines, whitespace or strategic rethrowing needed?) (MNG-4824, MNG-4826)
- errors on bad relativePath are confusing (MNG-4825)
- warnings at the start of the build are easily missed - should have a "strict mode" to optionally enable (and become default from 3.1?), or show in the summary at the end that there were X build warnings (MNG-4827)

Also should the build failure banner still be after the errors at the bottom? (not filed, looking for other's opinions)

I'm going to try a few more projects.

Cheers,
Brett

On 15/09/2010, at 1:34 PM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

> Hi,
>
> in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive can get source and binary bundles from this URL:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/
>
> Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have a close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes
>
> If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA that provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG
>
> The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3 release can also be seen in JIRA:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&version=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create
>
> Thanks,
>

> -The Maven team

Brett Porter
brett@apache.org
http://brettporter.wordpress.com/

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Mark Derricutt <ma...@talios.com>.
An odd thing I'm noticing trying to release some multi-module projects with
M3 nightlies:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0:prepare (default-cli) on
project smx3.core: Execution default-cli of goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-release-plugin:2.0:prepare failed: For
artifact {org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-install-plugin:null:maven-plugin}:
The version cannot be empty. -> [Help 1]

I don't declare or use the maven-install-plugin anywhere in my project so
I'm not sure why I would need to declare it ( mvn clean install works fine
).

Anyone else seen this?  Or should I just bite the bullet and put in a
declaration of the install plugin and lock its version down?

Mark

--
Pull me down under...

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.
Benjamin I just found this problem : http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4813
It is failing for all alpha/beta I tested thus it isn't a problem in RC itself.
It occurs with an old version of the jdocbook plugin we are always using in GateIn and few others projects.

Arnaud Héritier
Software Factory Manager
http://www.exoplatform.com

Phone : +33 (0)6 89 74 64 24
Skype : aheritier
Twitter : @aheritier
Blog : http://aheritier.net

Posted by lukewpatterson <lu...@gmail.com>.

Benjamin Bentmann wrote:

>> lukewpatterson wrote:
>> Before, it seems the custom goals were merged with the standard "jar"
>> packaging goals.
>
> If you can provide a complete example project to show this merging I
> would be really surprised.
>
>> lukewpatterson wrote:
>> Now, it seems like they replace the standard goals.
>
> Which is the expected behavior, the mapping is supposed to be a full
> self-contained description, not an overlay.

Thanks Benjamin, everything is working ok.

This was an example of a sleeper-corner-case mixed with a healthy does of
ignorance.

The custom "jar" packaging type was indeed never active with Maven 2.x, I
have no idea why it existed in that plugin's metadata and I have no idea why
it was enabled in the consumer via <extension>.

The "overlay" behavior was simply other plugins running which were
explicitly bound to phases.  I forgot that the other phases exist regardless
of whether or not they are listed in the custom lifecycle mappings.

Thanks for your help.

Other than that, everything works great, and seems to be about 33% faster
overall.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
lukewpatterson wrote:

> <component-set>
>    <components>
>      <component>
>        <role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
>        <role-hint>jar</role-hint>
>
> Before, it seems the custom goals were merged with the standard "jar"
> packaging goals.

If you can provide a complete example project to show this merging I
would be really surprised. AFAICT from my own testing, it's simply
impossible for a plugin to contribute a custom lifecycle mapping that
clashes with a built-in mapping in Maven 2.x. I.e. your mapping should
get ignored and Maven continues to use the default "jar" mapping.

Posted by lukewpatterson <lu...@gmail.com>.
Seeing different behavior around <extensions> enabled on "jar" custom
packaging type.

Using a testing plugin which contains "jar" as a custom packaging type.
>From the plugin's components.xml:

<component-set>
  <components>
    <component>
      <role>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.LifecycleMapping</role>
      <role-hint>jar</role-hint>

<implementation>org.apache.maven.lifecycle.mapping.DefaultLifecycleMapping</implementation>
      <configuration>
        <phases>
          <test>some.groupId:some-plugin:run-tests</test>
        </phases>

Did something change/become-fixed around this scenario?

Before, it seems the custom goals were merged with the standard "jar"
packaging goals.  Now, it seems like they replace the standard goals.  I
haven't had time to investigate enough to determine if that description is
fully accurate, but that's what it seems like so far.

I noticed the behavior when the "testing plugin" said it didn't have any
tests to run.  Finally I figured out that the compile goals were never run,
which meant the the .class files were never written, which meant the testing
plugin didn't have any .class files to run.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com>.
Works fine here.

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Justin Edelson wrote:

> What MAVEN_OPTS are you using?

What I was told by the build:
> [echo] ********************** WARNING (SLING-443) **********************************
> [echo] On most platforms, you'll get OutOfMemoryErrors when building unless you set
> [echo] MAVEN_OPTS="-Xmx256M -XX:MaxPermSize=128M", see SLING-443.
> [echo] *****************************************************************************

Works for the 32 bit 1.5 JVM I was using.

Benjamin

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for looking at this Benjamin. What MAVEN_OPTS are you using? We had some reports at the end of last week that upping PermGen to 512MB fixed the problems on a 64 bit VM. I haven't been able to validate that yet.

Thanks,
Justin

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
On 9/16/10 11:12 AM, Benjamin Bentmann wrote:
> Justin Edelson wrote:
>
>> Any clues as to what we should be looking for?
>
> Well, I would hope that the Sling guys now best what makes their tests
> fail.

Indeed we do. In this case, what's making the tests fail is using a
different Maven version.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
Justin Edelson wrote:

> Any clues as to what we should be looking for?

Well, I would hope that the Sling guys now best what makes their tests
fail. One thing I have seen in the past were projects having duplicate

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.
Integration tests in the Apache Sling build are pretty consistently
failing on 3.0-RC1 and 3.0-beta-3 in two different modules. Both pass
consistently in 2.2.1.

To reproduce:
$ svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/trunk
$ mvn clean install

In about 4 minutes (depending upon the state of your local repository),
the module at installer/osgi/it will fail with about 20 test failures.

>From there, you can proceed by using -rf

$ mvn -rf installer/jcr/jcrinstall clean install

The next few modules will build until the last, final integration test
module which fails with about 70 test failures.

With 2.2.1, both sets of integration tests pass.

Any clues as to what we should be looking for?

The first set of failures are all pax exam tests. The second set are
normal JUnit tests which run against a container started and stopped by
Maven.

Thanks,

Justin

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
+1
Seems to work fine for me.

Posted by Arnaud Héritier <ah...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Le Thu, 16 Sep 2010 11:53:45 +0200,
Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com> a écrit :

> Le Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:34:47 +0200,
> Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> a écrit :
>
> works fine on our project (install + site)
+ release :) (I just made one)

> Tony
>
> ps: my first mail was lost ?
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is
> > seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody
> > interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive
> > can get source and binary bundles from this URL:
> >
> > https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/
> >
> > Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have
> > a close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:
> >
> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes
> >
> > If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA
> > that provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG
> >
> > The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3
> > release can also be seen in JIRA:
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&version=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > -The Maven team

Tony Chemit

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Tony Chemit <ch...@codelutin.com>.
Le Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:34:47 +0200,
Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu> a écrit :

works fine on our project (install + site)

Tony

ps: my first mail was lost ?

> Hi,
>
> in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is
> seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody
> interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive
> can get source and binary bundles from this URL:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/
>
> Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have
> a close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes
>
> If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA
> that provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG
>
> The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3
> release can also be seen in JIRA:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&version=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create
>
> Thanks,
>

> -The Maven team

Tony Chemit

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Oleg Gusakov <ol...@gmail.com>.
  I am getting:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: javax.persistence.Entity

from spring context initialization. Class not found varies depending on
the order of spring dependencies, could be a Logger, etc.

Same build works fine under 2.2.1. and 3.0-beta-2

I will create an issue if manage to localize into a test project,
otherwise it's just a FYI.

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Fine here (tested on some corporate builds)
Thanks (good job !)

2010/9/15 Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>:
> Hi,
>
> in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is
> seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody
> interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive can
> get source and binary bundles from this URL:
>
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/maven/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/
>
> Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have a
> close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+Notes
>
> If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA that
> provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG
>
> The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3 release
> can also be seen in JIRA:
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&version=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create
>
> Thanks,
>

> -The Maven team

Olivier
http://twitter.com/olamy
http://www.linkedin.com/in/olamy

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
Hi,
Here it's more a site plugin issue (looks related to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-504 but needs to be more
investigated)
Can you record an issue with a simple project to reproduce ?

Thanks,

Posted by Martin Vaněk <an...@post.cz>.

Posted by Joao Maciel <jo...@gmail.com>.
I've tested a multimodule build, on ubuntu 10.04.
The build ran fine, except the warnings complaining about the missing
versions of the plugins inside <build>/<plugins>:

[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin is missing.
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-war-plugin is missing.
[WARNING] 'build.plugins.plugin.version' for
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin is missing.

and about my parameterized artifact version:
[WARNING] 'version' contains an expression but should be a constant.

Well, those warnings are a little bit annoying, although the build ran
successfully.
But, at the end, I''ll keep on using the 2.2.1 version, cause I'm not
going through
all my poms setting plugins versions and I need to keep my projects version
parameterized.

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.
kristian wrote:

> I have a plugin where I use the maven3 api.
>
> maven-RC1 gives
> Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
> org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingRequest.setForceUpdate(Z)Lorg/apache/maven/project/ProjectBuildingRequest;
>
> maybe I should not have used that ProjectBuilder, maybe that is "not"
> part of the public API

Usage of the ProjectBuilder in general is fine, but the request object
needed to change. So yes, please update your plugin to adopt the API in
the RC.

Benjamin

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by kristian <m....@web.de>.
I have a plugin where I use the maven3 api.

maven-beta-2, maven-beta-1, maven-alpha-6/7,  worked

maven-beta-3 gives
	at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifacts(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:185)
	at org.sonatype.aether.impl.internal.DefaultArtifactResolver.resolveArtifact(DefaultArtifactResolver.java:175)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:237)
	at org.apache.maven.project.DefaultProjectBuilder.build(DefaultProjectBuilder.java:219)

maven-RC1 gives
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.apache.maven.project.ProjectBuildingRequest.setForceUpdate(Z)Lorg/apache/maven/project/ProjectBuildingRequest;

maybe I should not have used that ProjectBuilder, maybe that is "not"
part of the public API, maybe I am the only one writing plugin with
maven3 API - then never mind I fix it on my side.

regards Kristian

Posted by kristian <m....@web.de>.

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
+1, no problem.

Tested multimodules build, on windows and AIX (ibm jvm), with and without //
build activated.

Congratulations for the work!

2010/9/16 Paul Merlin <es...@n0pe.org>

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Tested corporate and oss projects.
> Did not test the release process.
>
> /Paul
>

> Quoting Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is
> > seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody
> > interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive
> > can get source and binary bundles from this URL:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/mav
> > en/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/
> >
> > Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have
> > a close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+N
> > otes
> >
> > If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA
> > that provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG
> >
> > The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3
> > release can also be seen in JIRA:
> >

> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&versi
> > on=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > -The Maven team

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !

Re: [PLEASE TEST] Apache Maven 3.0-RC1

Posted by Baptiste MATHUS <ml...@batmat.net>.
+1, no problem.

Tested multimodules build, on windows and AIX (ibm jvm), with and without //
build activated.

Congratulations for the work!

2010/9/16 Paul Merlin <es...@n0pe.org>

> +1 (non-binding)
>
> Tested corporate and oss projects.
> Did not test the release process.
>
> /Paul
>

> Quoting Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > in preparation for the release of Apache Maven 3.0, the Maven team is
> > seeking your help to discover regressions since Maven 2.x. Everybody
> > interested in taking a preview of the upcoming release for a test drive
> > can get source and binary bundles from this URL:
> >

> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/maven-030/org/apache/mav
> > en/apache-maven/3.0-RC1/
> >
> > Before reporting any issues found during testing, please be sure to have
> > a close look at the compatibility notes for Maven 3.x:
> >

> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/Maven+3.x+Compatibility+N
> > otes
> >
> > If you encounter unexpected build issues, please fill a report in JIRA
> > that provides sufficient information to reproduce and analyze the issue:
> >
> > http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG
> >
> > The fixes contained in this release candidate since the 3.0-beta-3
> > release can also be seen in JIRA:
> >

> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?atl_token=PRIR5ueW-i&versi
> > on=13142&styleName=Text&projectId=10500&Create=Create
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > -The Maven team

Sauvez un arbre,
Mangez un castor !