Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stefano Nichele <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/17 22:10:11 UTC

[users@httpd] HTTP Status code 308 is converted in HTTP 500

Hi All,
i'm using apache httpd v. 2.2.15 + mod_proxy and i have found a bad
behavior (at least for me :-) )

My application implements something like a resumable http upload using
308 as status code for resume (see for instance
http://code.google.com/apis/gdata/docs/resumable_upload.html).
Important thing is that we return 308 to the client and it seems apache
+ mod_proxy doens't handle it correclty (and indeed 308 is not a
standard HTTP status code).

In the apache access log i have:

xx.xx.xx.xx- - [16/Jul/2011:02:57:29 -0700] "POST /upload HTTP/1.1" 308
- "-" "Jakarta Commons-HttpClient/3.1"

but the client receives error status code 500.
I did a quick test using 307 instead of 308 and it works fine. I'm
supposing somewhere any  not standard status code is converted in 500.
Is it right ?

If yes,  is there any possible workaround or configuration option to
avoid that ? Otherwise, could you point me where the code does this
changes ?

Thanks in advance
stefano