Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by John Doe <us...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2023/03/11 05:58:23 UTC

SAML Claims

I’ve recently setup SAML authentication through ADFS and have new users being
provisioned when they login.  I am sending given name, surname, groups, and
mail as attributes from ADFS, but when I look at the user’s profile in Guac,
none of those fields are filled out.  What claims does Guac expect to see?

commands, e-mail: user-help@guacamole.apache.org

Re: SAML Claims

Posted by Nick Couchman <vn...@apache.org>.
On Sat, Mar 11, 2023 at 12:58 AM John Doe
<us...@yahoo.com.invalid> wrote:

> I’ve recently setup SAML authentication through ADFS and have new users being provisioned when they login.  I am sending given name, surname, groups, and mail as attributes from ADFS, but when I look at the user’s profile in Guac, none of those fields are filled out.  What claims does Guac expect to see?

Currently the claims retrieved from SAML are not populated in the jdbc
module - Guacamole does not copy anything but the username from one to
the other. The claims are available to Guacamole as tokens that can be
used in connections, but you won't see the data in the copy of the
user that gets created in the database.

-Nick