Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com> on 2009/08/12 19:03:17 UTC

SSL encryption

I would like to know if SSL encryption is supported with Subversion, for
remote access using LDAP. If so, how would I go about configuring that?
Thanks.

PATI MOSS

Re: SSL encryption

Posted by Andrey Repin <an...@freemail.ru>.
Greetings, Patricia A Moss!

>>I think the question is asking about how to authenticate against LDAP
>>using LDAPS (LDAP + SSL). The answer is not Subversion specific, since
>>you are not using Subversion to do the authentication (if you are
>>using Apache). You are using a module by a third party (be it Apache,
>>or another vendor). Your question might be better suited to another
>>mailing list dedicated to apache configuration.
>>
>>Have you tried to use a LDAPS url (with correct port) and the SSL cert
>>on your LDAP server in your trusted keystore on the Subversion
>>machine? I've only done a bit of LDAP and LDAPS, so my knowledge is
>>limited.

> Larry's interpretation of my question is correct. I am not sure about the
> LDAPS url and SSL cert.  I will google that and see what that entails.

> If anyone else has had experience with this I would greatly appreciate the
> assistance.  Thanks.

It should work straight away. Just give correct URI to Apache authentication
module. (I mean, ldaps://....)
As maximum, you'll be need to point it to location of client certificates, if
your LDAP servers need them to negotiate.

--
WBR,

Sorry for my terrible english...

RE: SSL encryption

Posted by Ro...@enercon.de.
Patricia A Moss <pm...@csc.com> schrieb am 13.08.2009 13:08:58:

> >I think the question is asking about how to authenticate against LDAP
> >using LDAPS (LDAP + SSL). The answer is not Subversion specific, since
> >you are not using Subversion to do the authentication (if you are
> >using Apache). You are using a module by a third party (be it Apache,
> >or another vendor). Your question might be better suited to another
> >mailing list dedicated to apache configuration.
> >
> >Have you tried to use a LDAPS url (with correct port) and the SSL cert
> >on your LDAP server in your trusted keystore on the Subversion
> >machine? I've only done a bit of LDAP and LDAPS, so my knowledge is
> >limited.
>
> Larry's interpretation of my question is correct. I am not sure
> about the LDAPS url and SSL cert.  I will google that and see what
> that entails.
>
> If anyone else has had experience with this I would greatly
> appreciate the assistance.  Thanks.
>
> PATI MOSS

Hi Patricia,

please read the offical blog post by CollabNet for the LDAP issue:
http://blogs.open.collab.net/svn/2009/03/subversion-with-apache-and-ldap-updated.html

Regards
Robin

Re: SSL encryption