Posted to user@predictionio.apache.org by 박명신 <du...@braincolla.com> on 2018/12/10 11:03:31 UTC

About spark installation link

Hi team.

I'm using prediction IO in the public cloud environment with
multi-instances.

And I got a report from the cloud manager, my training instance has crypto
hijacked.

That should be because of my weak security setting.

So, now I'm checking all the possibilities.

And I want to ask, is the Spark Setup link in the PIO installation page (
http://d3kbcqa49mib13.cloudfront.net/spark-2.1.1-bin-hadoop2.6.tgz) managed
by Prediction IO? or secured site?

This is just for the check. it doesn't even mean that link
contained contaminated source.

I'm still looking for the reason and that will be glad if I can know that
source is alright.

Thanks and regards.

May.

Re: About spark installation link

Posted by Donald Szeto <do...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I believe the link
http://d3kbcqa49mib13.cloudfront.net/spark-2.1.1-bin-hadoop2.6.tgz is
managed by the Apache Spark project. I noticed that they have removed the
link from their download page and have now pointed to use the official
Apache archive. We will modify our installation instructions to use that
link.

Regards,
Donald