Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by renuka <re...@gmail.com> on 2012/01/30 07:00:49 UTC

Regarding Hardware required for hadoop cluster

Hi All,

I am new to Hadoop. Please let me know the details of Hardware required for
Hadoop cluster set up?

( Min 3 node cluster)

I would like to know the OS and Memory,CPU, network, storage details
required for this.

Thanks
MRK

Re: Regarding Hardware required for hadoop cluster

Posted by renuka <re...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ron,

Thanks for the Reply. As of now we are learning and using hadoop to geneate
our internal application reports. So would like to know hardware requirement
for small cluster set up?

Posted by Ronald Petty <ro...@gmail.com>.
MRK,

Can you explain the types (and sizes) of problems you are hoping to solve?
 If you are simply testing, you can use a laptop and two virtual machines.
 I presume your looking for more though.

Kindest regards.

Ron

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Renuka,

Hadoop poses very basic hardware requirements and can even run
clusters off regular PCs/Laptops you may already have lying around.
This is good enough to get started with for learning/testing purposes.

For deployments, the use-case would define your clusters' memory and
storage needs. The page at http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/PoweredBy
also contains some info that might come handy when you consider a
production deployment.

On Mon, Jan 30, 2012 at 11:30 AM, renuka <re...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Hadoop. Please let me know the details of Hardware required for
> Hadoop cluster set up?
>
> ( Min 3 node cluster)
>
> I would like to know the OS and Memory,CPU, network, storage details
> required for this.
>
> Thanks
> MRK

Harsh J