Posted to dev@pdfbox.apache.org by Andreas Lehmkuehler <an...@lehmi.de> on 2013/05/06 08:07:33 UTC

Re: Enhancing the font tests

Hi,

Am 13.04.2013 13:10, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
> Hi,
>
> Am 05.04.2013 22:14, schrieb Andreas Lehmkuehler:
>> Hi,
>>

>> Am 05.04.2013 20:04, schrieb Maruan Sahyoun:
>>> fine - I'll add some tests after the CMS task.
>> +1
>>
>>> Would you check with legal?
>> Yes
> Done, see https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-163
> Now, we have to wait for an answer.
There was a long discussion about this specific topic on legal-discuss [1] and
now we have an answer.

The Ubuntu License 1.0 has a weak-copyleft so that it fits into "Category B"
[2]. Which means, we must not put those fonts into our repo and of course
must not ship those fonts as part of our source ball.

We have to handle those fonts outside (download during build process, manually
download + optional test) if we want to include them into our tests.

BR
Andreas Lehmkühler

[1] http://markmail.org/thread/kqxwmadh6hc6bwc2
[2] http://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#category-b