Posted to user@hive.apache.org by pr...@wipro.com on 2014/09/18 10:22:39 UTC

trouble starting hiveserver2

Hi,

I am unable to start service hiveserver2 on windows. I am starting this service to configure ODBC connection to Excel.

I am issuing the following command to start the service:
> hive.cmd --service hiveserver2

It is not throwing any errors. When I am running with "echo on" option. I can see its trying to run following command

c:\hive\bin>call C:\hadoop\bin\hadoop.cmd jar C:\hive\lib\hive-service-0.13.1.ja
r org.apache.hive.service.server.HiveServer2

Neither script exits nor I get any error messages after this.

Following is my hive-site.xml settings:

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.servermode</name>
  <value>thrift</value>
  <description>Server  mode. "thrift" or "http".</description>
</property>

property>
  <name>hive.server2.transport.mode</name>
  <value>binary</value>
  <description>Server transport mode. "binary" or "http".</description>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.thrift.port</name>
  <value>10000</value>
</property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.thrift.bind.host</name>
  <value>localhost</value>
 </property>

<property>
  <name>hive.server2.authentication</name>
  <value>NONE</value>
</property>

Regards,
Praveen.

www.wipro.com

Re: trouble starting hiveserver2

Posted by Vaibhav Gumashta <vg...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Praveen,

hive.server2.servermode is not a valid hive config. Please
use hive.server2.transport.mode to specify which transport mode you'd like
to use for sending thrift messages between the client and the server. Can
you turn the debug logging on to see if you get any more info?

Thanks,
--Vaibhav

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE