Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Srinivas Pavani <sp...@yahoo.com> on 2006/06/26 22:09:54 UTC

scm connection string

Can some one please help me out in understanding how the scm connection settings work with respect to continuum and maven?

Maven2 has the following settings:

  <scm>
     <!-- read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot MY_MODULE</connection>
     <!-- developers NOT read only -->     <connection>scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot MY_MODULE</connection>
      <tag>MY_BRANCH</tag>
     <!-- browsable url - ViewVC or ... -->
     <url>http://MY_SERVER/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/MY_MODULE/</url>
  </scm>

Which one of these is used scm connection is used by Continuum?
What do the settings in Continuum admin screen do - scm url/user id/password? Are these mean to override what is provided by maven pom.xml?

When I run maven's scm:validate, the validation is successful but when I try to run any other command such as scm:status scm:checkout, I keep  getting an error CVS requires a path spec.

I cannot figure out what is the correct scm connection string for a CVS repository which uses a pserver.

Can anyone provide a working example on how to setup these strings?

Thanks
Srinivas

---------------------------------

Re: scm connection string

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
continuum use the <connection>

your scm url isn't valid. A valid format is
scm:cvs:pserver:MY_NAME:MY_PASS@MY_SERVER:PORT:/usr/local/cvsroot:MY_MODULE

scm url/user/password in project screen can be used for projects that don't have a scm defined like
ant and shell projects or if your scm urls was wrong in your pom or if your scm address changed.

Emmanuel

Re: scm connection string

Posted by Edwin Punzalan <ep...@exist.com>.
The space between the path and the module should be a colon (:).

Please see: http://maven.apache.org/scm/cvs.html

^_^