Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by "Hellstroem Christian (AE/PJ-ASC)" <Ch...@de.bosch.com> on 2016/05/19 13:00:58 UTC

ODBC driver for Phoenix

Hi!

I'm storing data in Phoenix (through the Spark-Phoenix library) and I'd like to have it available in Tableau. This requires an ODBC driver (as Tableau does not support JDBC).

This means that I cannot use the Simba HBase driver because of issues with encoding/decoding differences between HBase and Phoenix. CData's driver is still a beta, which our IT department will never accept.

Is there another solution? Is there a good/stable ODBC-JDBC bridge that anyone is using?

Simba: http://www.simba.com/drivers/hbase-odbc-jdbc/
CData: http://www.cdata.com/drivers/hbase/download/odbc/

Cheers,

Ian.