Posted to users@sling.apache.org by Nicolas Delsaux <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/31 10:20:58 UTC

46 Line Blog

Like I already told, I'm trying to evaluate Sling.
For now, i must confess I didn't go that far in my evaluation : I'm
stuck in the 46 lines blog sample, hopping it'll learn me some of the
Sling concepts.
What I've done so far is
 - download sling distribution available at
http://sling.apache.org/site/downloads.cgi. I use version
org.apache.sling.launchpad.app-5-incubator-bin.zip
 - created a Sling workspace to build the
org.apache.sling.samples.path-based.rtp-2.0.5-SNAPSHOT.jar bundle
 - load it into sling distribution by the grace of the felix
administration console.

When I reach this point, the bundle appears at installed, but not
started due to unresolved dependency
!! org.apache.sling.api.resource,version=2.0.9 from -- Cannot be resolved

What do I have to do to make it work ?
Should I replace my sling distribution by a full source build (which
would require me to compile the whole sling workspace (what has
revealed to be working strangely) ?
Thanks in advance for your replies.
--
Nicolas Delsaux

Re: 46 Line Blog

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

On Wed, Mar 31, 2010 at 10:20 AM, Nicolas Delsaux
<ni...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ...When I reach this point, the bundle appears at installed, but not
> started due to unresolved dependency
> !! org.apache.sling.api.resource,version=2.0.9 from -- Cannot be resolved
>
> What do I have to do to make it work ?
> Should I replace my sling distribution by a full source build (which
> would require me to compile the whole sling workspace (what has
> revealed to be working strangely) ?...

Yes, the downloadable launchpad release is quite old, so better use a
current trunk.

Unfortunately that seems to be broken right now, you might want to go
back in time a bit (svn export a version from 2 weeks ago maybe) for
things to run well.

Sorry I cannot help more right now, having fun at an IKS hackathon,
http://wiki.iks-project.eu/index.php/IksSemanticEngineHackathonMarch2010

-Bertrand