Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by 许山川 <sh...@cs2c.com.cn> on 2012/05/04 05:35:25 UTC

hi

hi,all
I am working for the company,China Standard Software Co., Ltd now,
Untill now my work mainly covers the SD modules,including
the doucument of ppt asynchronism loading and fixing bugs of impress
I have several years of experiences in this domain ,and have a strong willing to participate AOOo community.
Best Regards,

2012-05-04

China Standard Software Co., Ltd.     Shanchuan Xu
hone: (+86) 010-51659955-8110

Re: hi

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com>.
Hello Xu Shanchuan!

(BTW, would you be able to use a Roman alphabet name? Not all of us can decipher the ideograms.)

On 2012-05-03, at 23:35 , 许山川 wrote:

> hi,all
> I am working for the company,China Standard Software Co., Ltd now,
> Untill now my work mainly covers the SD modules,including
> the doucument of ppt asynchronism loading and fixing bugs of impress
> I have several years of experiences in this domain ,and have a strong willing to participate AOOo community.
> Best Regards,

I'm as delighted to greet you as I was your colleague :-) A lot has to be done, and I am sure we will appreciate your experience in this and your wisdom!  And I also see your company's great presence here as vital to growing the Beijing and even Chinese open source and OpenOffice community and market.

Let me and the rest of us on this list know how we can help you and further ease your way into this very friendly, very global, very sleepless community :-)

Oh, as I mentioned to your colleague, you may want to refrain from including your Spam-friendly personal information. This list is public, and most Apache lists are that way, too.

Cheers,
Louis

Re: hi

Posted by Yue Helen <he...@gmail.com>.
Welcome! Glad to see more and more developers in.

Helen

Re: hi

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 10:02 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts
<ls...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 4 May 2012 09:52, Yong Lin Ma <ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Hi all
>>> I raised earlier off list the idea of (re-)forming a language group focused on ZH localization and operating to support Chinese speakers and those based in Beijing (or wherever it makes sense).  We did this in OOo, and it worked …not as well as any of us would have liked. But that was because a single company dominated--a less than desirable situation.
>>>

>> Yes, other than covered by different license, not dominated by a
>> single company is the major difference between AOO and OO.o.
>>

>>> The idea, this time around, would be to have members of CS2C, IBM and other organizations (and I can think of a few) to have a place to coordinate, learn, communicate in Chinese while also working with the Apache OO lists in English. Localization would be essential. (ZH in China differs from that used in TW; that can be accommodated: this is a linguistic effort, mostly.)
>>
>> It would be not necessary, if this is just for IBM and CS2C teams in
>> Beijing. Cause it would be more effective for the two teams to have
>> conference calls or meet in person.
>
> <snip>
>
> I don't exactly disagree with you but I was unclear. I did not mean to
> usurp the Apache Way or the merits of being a commiter nor the path by
> which one becomes one. Rather, I wanted to avoid the problem facing
> the establishment of regional and linguistic groups. That problem is
> having one or even two companies dominate the effort. Sometimes that's
> unavoidable. But if it can be the case that other companies and
> organizations can be involved, then great. And if such involvement is
> made more likely by having publicly accessible informational projects,
> which are open to all comers and which *do not* usurp the Apache Way
> but rather supplement it, then, as far as I can tell, that's good.
> (Indeed, having conference calls between one company and another seems
> to reinscribe the problem of having one company dominate, and it
> further turns a linguistic effort into a very localized one that's
> also exclusive.)

Louis,
Thank you for the clarification. When I say conference  call here, I
mean call between contributors instead of companies. And it is only
for speeding up communication and not for making important decisions in private.

And I don't worry about an Apache project may get dominated by single
company, due to the diversity requirement on PPMC members.
I am  new to ASF. Maybe someone know examples that Apache project got
dominated and failed.

Re: hi

Posted by Louis Suárez-Potts <ls...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: hi

Posted by Yong Lin Ma <ma...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, May 4, 2012 at 9:17 PM, Louis Suárez-Potts <lu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all
> I raised earlier off list the idea of (re-)forming a language group focused on ZH localization and operating to support Chinese speakers and those based in Beijing (or wherever it makes sense).  We did this in OOo, and it worked …not as well as any of us would have liked. But that was because a single company dominated--a less than desirable situation.

Yes, other than covered by different license, not dominated by a
single company is the major difference between AOO and OO.o.

> The idea, this time around, would be to have members of CS2C, IBM and other organizations (and I can think of a few) to have a place to coordinate, learn, communicate in Chinese while also working with the Apache OO lists in English. Localization would be essential. (ZH in China differs from that used in TW; that can be accommodated: this is a linguistic effort, mostly.)

It would be not necessary, if this is just for IBM and CS2C teams in
Beijing. Cause it would be more effective for the two teams to have
conference calls or meet in person.

More importantly, CS2C team can contribute a lot more than UOF and CJK
areas if they will. There is no way someone get limited in certain
areas as long as he or she can prove to be qualified.  At the
beginning of this project, we discussed something about setting
project leaders as it was in OO.o. But that is not how things work in
Apache.

Share two important aspect of Apache Way I get in mind.

Contributors need prove themselves by contribution.
Committer needs get mutual agreement within community before they
commit any major changes in project.

I think these are the keys to ensure the project can grow in a healthy way.

Re: hi

Re: hi

Posted by Peter Junge <pe...@gmx.org>.
Hi Xu Shanchuan,