Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de> on 2005/01/08 23:40:05 UTC

NoClassDefFoundError

Hi all,

I just did a download of:
http://mirrorspace.org/apache/forrest/apache-forrest-0.6.zip

a)unzip
b)FORREST_HOME env setting
c)call "forrest"

but got an NoClassDefFoundError
Did I missed something?

Thanks for an advice

BTW. it is not the first time I used Forrest...
It allways works fine.
I never added a jar etc (NoClassDefFoundError seams to be a *add-jar*
candidate)
I only did steps a -> c. Nothing extra.
I guess... ;-)

see here:
<snip>
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces>forrest

Apache Forrest.  Run 'forrest -projecthelp' to list options

Buildfile: C:\java_libs\apache-forrest-0.6\src\core\forrest.build.xml

init-props:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\ecli
pse\workspace\MyFaces\forrest.properties
Einstellungen\Administrat
or\forrest.properties
C:\java_libs\apache-forrest-0.6\src\core\context
\default-forrest.properties

-- Warning --
Using skin "forrest-site" which is deprecated.
Please migrate to one of the new skins listed in forrest.properties.
The skin that most likely resembles these ones is called 'pelt'.

validate-xdocs:
15 file(s) have been successfully validated.
...validated xdocs

validate-skinconf:
1 file(s) have been successfully validated.
...validated skinconf

validate-sitemap:
...validated sitemap

validate-skinchoice:
...validated existence of skin 'forrest-site'

site:
Deleting directory
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\
build\tmp\cocoon-work
Created dir:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\build\
tmp\cocoon-work

Copying the various non-generated resources to site.
Warnings will be issued if the optional project resources are not found.
This is often the case, because they are optional and so may not be
available.
Copying project resources and images to site ...
Warning:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\build\weba
pp\resources not found.
Copying main skin images to site ...
Copying 21 files to
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces
\build\site\skin\images
Copying 19 files to
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces
\build\site\skin\images
Copying project skin images to site ...
Warning:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\src\docume
ntation\skins\common\images not found.
Warning:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\src\docume
ntation\skins\forrest-site\images not found.
Copying main skin css and js files to site ...
Copying 8 files to
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\
build\site\skin
Copying 1 file to
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\b
uild\site\skin
Copying project skin css and js files to site ...
Warning:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\src\docume
ntation\skins\common not found.
Warning:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\src\docume
ntation\skins\forrest-site not found.
Finished copying the non-generated resources.
Now Cocoon will generate the rest ...

Static site will be generated at:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\build\site

Note that there are various reasons for "build failed" messages.
* Cocoon will report the status of each document:
  - in column 1: *=okay X=brokenLink ^=pageSkipped (see FAQ).
* Even if only one link is broken, you will still get "failed".
* Your site would still be generated, but some pages would be broken.
* Please check the file:
C:\Programme\eclipse-SDK-3.0-win32\eclipse\workspace\MyFaces\build\tmp\b
rokenlin
ks.xml
for any broken links in the generated site.
cocoon 2.2.0-dev
Copyright (c) 1999-2004 Apache Software Foundation. All rights reserved.
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/avalon/excalibur/pool/Poolable
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:12
3)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:251)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:55)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:187)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:274)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.util.ClassUtils.loadClass(ClassUtils.java:53)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize(Cocoon.java:288)
        at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Contai
nerUtil.java:283)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonWrapper.initialize(CocoonWrapper.java:15
4)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.initialize(CocoonBean.java:98)
        at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:320)

</snip>

[solved] RE: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
DAvid,

all is fine...

don't know what the reason was...

all is now fine, even inside of $ECLIPSE

thanks for the help!

Re: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

RE: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
Hi David,

thanks for all your feedback.

> Are you sure that is what you want? That will mean that
> you are using the bleeding-edge of the development trunk.
> That is fine, but i just wanted to be sure that you know.

:-) yes I guess *stables* like 0.6 are the
better choice for me.

Re: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Re: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>
>>Matthias Wessendorf wrote:
>>
>>>Hi all,
>>>
>>>I just did a download of:
>>>http://mirrorspace.org/apache/forrest/apache-forrest-0.6.zip
>>>
>>>a)unzip
>>>b)FORREST_HOME env setting
>>>c)call "forrest"
>>>
>>>but got an NoClassDefFoundError
>>>Did I missed something?
>>
>>You need to run ./build.sh (or build.bat)
>>
>>Ross
>

> Hmmm, the ./index.html says that the release is already built.

Oooops. sorry my mistake, I didn't read the mail correctly.

Ross

RE: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@matthias-wessendorf.de>.
> Hmmm, the ./index.html says that the release is already built.
>
> Matthias, what version of Java do you have?

I am using 1.4 of Java.

Okay, I will try to load a nightly *drop*
instead. (I guess I have to build them...?)

Thanks!
Matthias

Re: NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.