Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Zied Hamdi <ja...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/11 10:45:55 UTC

[tobago] actionListener on tab selection

Hi all,

I need to load data on a tab click (having the switchMode="reloadTab" or
"reloadPage"), I notice there is no action, actionListener attributes is
there a way to be notified on the server about a tab change. The other
solution I see is to check on every page load the state of the tabGroup, but
this is not an event approach...

I've found tabChangeListener but it doesn't respond to my need as I need to
do a method binding on my current controller (wich is passsed as an include
parameter)...

Regrads,
Zied

--
Zied Hamdi
www.into-i.fr

Re: [tobago] actionListener on tab selection

Posted by Zied Hamdi <ja...@gmail.com>.
By the way,

Did anyone try to use a4j with tobago?

Any info is very welcome.

Regards,
Zied

Posted by Zied Hamdi <ja...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Volker.

The question is : will #{controller} be resolved against eh local context in
which tabChangeListener is inserted?

In my case I have the same xhtml snippet two times, every one is included
with a <ui:include ...> <ui:param name="controller"
value=#{controller.*tabHandler1
or tabHandler2*}> ...

Will the created method binding search for "controller" in the request scope
or as if it was inside the tag...

Another question may cancel the first one: when do you think the version 1.1
will be available as a stable release or release candidate (I think I've
tried to upgrade to the nightly build without success..)?

Regards,
Zied

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi Zied,