Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by shaminda perera <ma...@googlemail.com> on 2007/10/18 10:31:04 UTC

deploying CXF Web service in JBoss

Hi all,

I have created a web service and followed the instructions in
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/servlet-transport.html in order to deploy
it in JBoss. I am publishing the end point using the XML. As mentioned in
the instructions, i added edited the web.xml with the servelt information
and created a services.xml file which specifies the web service endpoint.
Now after doing all these configurations and then starting JBoss, i get the
following error log in JBoss..and the Web service is not getting deployed.
It looks like everything is fine, apart from reading the services.xml file.
Please advise as to what i need to do done here.

18:01:50,890 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean definitions
from class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml
]
18:01:51,327 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean definitions
from class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf-ext
ension-soap.xml]
18:01:51,484 INFO  [XmlBeanDefinitionReader] Loading XML bean definitions
from class path resource [META-INF/cxf/cxf-ser
vlet.xml]
18:01:51,687 INFO  [DefaultNamespaceHandlerResolver] Ignoring handler [
org.springframework.transaction.config.TxNamespac
eHandler]: class not found
18:01:51,749 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot locate BeanDefinitionParser for
element [endpoint].
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.NamespaceHandlerSupport.findParserForElement
(NamespaceHandlerSupport.ja
va:63)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseCustomElement
(DefaultXmlBeanDefinit
ionParser.java:415)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinitions
(DefaultXmlBeanDefin
itionParser.java:374)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.registerBeanDefinitions
(DefaultXmlBeanDe
finitionParser.java:206)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions
(XmlBeanDefinitionReader
.java:388)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.doLoadBeanDefinitions
(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.j
ava:259)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions
(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.jav

This is my services.xml file contents:

xsi:schemaLocation="

http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml"/>

<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml"/>

<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml"/>

<jaxws:endpoint id="xxx"

implementor="com.company.WebServiceImpl"

address="/CompanyService"/>

</beans>

Thanks in advance for any help

Re: deploying CXF Web service in JBoss

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@iona.com>.
Hi,

I am not sure how you deploy the cxf libraries, uses the module-based
jars or bundle jar, but the error stack seems to me
that spring didn't find the [jaxws:endpoint] custom tag, can you check
the jaxws-frontend module jar is in your classpath.

Thanks
Jeff

Posted by shaminda perera <ma...@googlemail.com>.
This is my full services.xml file contents :

xsi:schemaLocation="

http://cxf.apache.org/jaxws http://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd">

<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf.xml"/>

<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-extension-soap.xml"/>

<import resource="classpath:META-INF/cxf/cxf-servlet.xml"/>

<jaxws:endpoint id="companyTrackSearch"

implementor="
com.company.services.search.webservice.server.CompanySearchServiceImpl"

address="/CompanyTrackSearchService"/>

</beans>
Thanks

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
It is jaxb jar issue . FYI :
http://forums.java.net/jive/message.jspa?messageID=212259 .

-Jim

Posted by Andrew Dinn <ad...@redhat.com>.
So you get this message:

>> Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
>> com/sun/el/ExpressionFactoryImpl
>>         at org.jboss.seam.ioc.spring.SpringELResolver.initialize(
>> SpringELResolver.java:45)
>>         ... 149 more

JBoss AS 4.2.1 and 4.0.5 both supply the API class ExpressionFactory in

   server/<servername>/lib/el-api.jar

and implementation class ExpressionFactoryImpl in

   server/<servername>/deployers/jboss-web.deployer/jbossweb.jar

However, the latter is the org.apache.el implementation not the sun one.

So, you are still in classloader hell :-) I think the problem starts
with selection of the JSP Factory implementation but I am not sure.

regards,

Andrew Dinn
-----------
JBoss, a Division of Red Hat
Street, Windsor, Berkshire,
SI4 1TE, United Kingdom.
Directors: Michael Cunningham (USA), Charlie Peters (USA) and David
Owens (Ireland)

Re: deploying CXF Web service in JBoss

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.
jboss-el.jar  is missing?  It looks like a jboss issue , you can ask
jboss mailing list .

-Jim.

Posted by shaminda perera <ma...@googlemail.com>.
[...]

        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@iona.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Andrew Dinn <ad...@redhat.com>.
shaminda perera wrote:
> Yes, i put the CXF libraries in the war file. and then use maven to deploy a
> EAR file which contains the war file.
>
> Does JBoss have a JAXB jar file? if so where can i locate it?

$JBOSS_HOME/lib has jaxb-api.jar and jaxb-impl.jar.

regards,

Andrew Dinn
-----------

Re: deploying CXF Web service in JBoss

Posted by shaminda perera <ma...@googlemail.com>.

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@iona.com>.
Hi,

Posted by shaminda perera <ma...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Jim,

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.

Posted by shaminda perera <ma...@googlemail.com>.
 Thanks Jeff and Jim for the quick replies.

Jeff , yes the jaxws-frontend module jar is in my classpath.
I use maven to get all the required libraries to my web application.. as
described in
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/maven-integration-and-plugin.html

Jim,  yes I have those files in the classpath. I mean they are inside the
spring-beans-2.0-m2.jar\META-INF folder. this spring jar is in the
classpath.

I even now added a spring.schemas file to my web module under
META-INF\spring.schemas and added the following entry to it.
http\://cxf.apache.org/schemas/jaxws.xsd=/schemas/jaxws.xsd
 thinking that spring cant find the jaxws.xsd file.

but still i am getting the same result.

Posted by Jim Ma <em...@iona.com>.