Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by OpenWhisk Team Slack <ra...@apache.org> on 2020/08/28 08:23:17 UTC

[slack-digest] [2020-08-27] #general

2020-08-27 14:50:57 UTC - Andrzej Janikowski: Hi all, we are using openwhisk in a big-player company in the energy industry. We are facing with a kind of bug related to the feature "pod-template" and the log retrieve (on Kubernetes). When we set the podTemplate in order to create other "sidecar" container, is not possibile to retrieve any log for the activationId (using wsk or api). Does anyone have seen this problem? We are using the last version of helm chart (commit f9179825e78879f40436dbb5386268a888a0f716). Attached the ConfigMap with the podTemplate and the yaml of helloworld pod.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1598539857052700?thread_ts=1598539857.052700&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----
2020-08-27 15:18:01 UTC - Rodric Rabbah: welcome @Andrzej Janikowski to the openwhisk community
slightly_smiling_face : Andrzej Janikowski
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1598541481053600
----
2020-08-27 15:20:28 UTC - Rodric Rabbah: i dont know myself but im checking with others i work with
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1598541628053700?thread_ts=1598539857.052700&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----
2020-08-27 15:21:45 UTC - Rodric Rabbah: note that `wsk` is a wrapper around openwhisk API calls - it doesn’t execute any kubectl commands so there’s no distinction really.
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1598541705054100?thread_ts=1598539857.052700&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----
2020-08-27 15:52:16 UTC - Andrzej Janikowski: thanks a lot.. i suppose that the invoker expect always a single container called "user-action" into the pod ovewer the strategy to get containerId is based on the first container into the pod. I suppose the problem is related to class "KubernetesClient" line 301 `val nativeContainerId = pod.getStatus.getContainerStatuses.get(0).getContainerID.stripPrefix("docker://")` When there are multiple container this statement get always first (i don't think user-action is always the first)
https://openwhisk-team.slack.com/archives/C3TPCAQG1/p1598543536054300?thread_ts=1598539857.052700&cid=C3TPCAQG1
----