Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2019/01/29 11:37:48 UTC

Rolling Upgrade failed after bumping version to 2.1 from 1.1

Hello,

I have recently upgraded to 2.12-2.1.0 from 2.11-1.1.0. After bumping
inter.broker.protocol.version to 2.1 (and doing 2 bleed-and-restart from
1.1), my services are all failing to start. Slightly clueless at this stage
regarding what to do other than reverting.

I followed the steps in main site, and didn't use log message version
change (since I am doing the uprade from 1.1.0 to 2.1).

Could anyone please help ?

Thanks,

Re: Rolling Upgrade failed after bumping version to 2.1 from 1.1

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.
By investigating journalctl logs - I see that it says version 2.1 is not a
valid version? So what is a valid version, does anyone know?

Thanks,

Posted by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com>.