Posted to axkit-dev@xml.apache.org by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org> on 2006/09/20 20:26:00 UTC

Comments on new config system patch

Docs:

- Could use some more examples early on e.g. in the paragraph that
starts "Regular settings consist of..." it should be interspersed
with some examples.

- The description of the "format" should be moved to later in the
docs as it's only going to be used as a reference - the most common
use of these docs will be to lookup the options themselves.

Code:

- Not sure I like globals being $_foo rather than $FOO. I think I'd
like to see that changed.

- In sub new(), you use indirect object syntax in "my $parser = new
AxKit2::Config::Parser;" which is frowned on.

Other than that I'm very pleased with the changes. I noted a couple
of places the docs need fleshed out but you've marked them as such,
so we can work on that before 1.2.

Matt.