Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mich Talebzadeh <mi...@gmail.com> on 2016/10/25 15:59:04 UTC

Getting only results out of Spark Shell

Is it possible using Spark Shell to printout the actual output without
commands passed through?

Below all I am interested are those three numbers in red

Spark context Web UI available at http://50.140.197.217:55555
Spark context available as 'sc' (master = local, app id =
local-1477410914051).
Spark session available as 'spark'.
import org.apache.spark.sql.functions._
import java.util.Calendar
import org.joda.time._
import java.util.Calendar
import org.joda.time._
ticker: String = tsco

today: org.joda.time.DateTime = 2016-10-25T16:55:17.261+01:00
df1: org.apache.spark.sql.DataFrame = _c0: string, _c1: string ... 6 more
fields
defined class columns
df2: org.apache.spark.sql.Datasetcolumns = Stock: string, Ticker: string
... 6 more fields
changeToDate: (TradeDate: String)org.apache.spark.sql.Column
rs: org.apache.spark.sql.Datasetorg.apache.spark.sql.Row =
AverageDailyPrice: double
328.0
327.13
325.63

I can do it in shell but there must be a way of running the commands
silently?

Thanks

Dr Mich Talebzadeh

http://talebzadehmich.wordpress.com