Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Neelesh <ne...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/20 18:22:00 UTC

Delete topic and logs

I searched for this and could not get a definitive answer- when do logs get
deleted , after a topic is deleted? What happens if I delete a topic and
recreate it immediately?

So far I know that deleting a topic marks it for deleted in zk, and some
sweeper eventually deletes the topic meta and logs. It's quite not clear if
there is a state in between that may   reattach old logs to the newly
created topic with the same name?
Thank you!

Re: Delete topic and logs