Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Pa...@sybase.com on 2010/07/30 19:15:45 UTC

Random testing feasible?

Hi,

I have a test plan with about 20 pages. I have set up 250 threads for
testing. I like to know if I can perform random testing in the following
manner:

1. put the urls for the  20 pages in a file
2. have 250 threads randomly go to one of the urls on the file

Thank you.

Patty

Re: Random testing feasible?

Posted by Pa...@sybase.com.
deepak,

thanks for the clarification.

patty

Re: Random testing feasible?

Deepak Shetty
to:
JMeter Users List
07/30/2010 11:25 AM

Please respond to "JMeter Users List"

In your case with 20 pages , if you are willing to create 20 samplers ,
then
yes you could group these under a Random Order Controller. However when
you
use something like a CSV file (so you have one sampler but the path to the
sampler varies with each iteration) you cannot use a Random order
controller. Random order Controllers are useful when you have journeys
that
you can vary (e.g. one set of pages is user searches catalog, another is
user checks out data etc)

regards
deepak

Re: Random testing feasible?