Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sa...@Punemail.ltitl.com on 2001/06/13 16:18:05 UTC

Internationalization (I18N) query

Hi All,

This is a typical requirement about the internationalization.

I want to create an application to be displayed in English and Japanese.
Also, the user has given facility to customise some of the display field names
for him.

Now, question arises, do we need to provide the internationalization for these
cutomised fields.
What is the general trend for this and Is it feasible to do this?

e.g. if an english user change field name like "employee_name" to "empl_name",
what if next time when he logs on selecting locale as "Japanese".

What should we display, "empl_name" literal in english  or something else in
Japanese, like default setting for that field in Japanese?

Kindly forward your suggestion for such kind of Internationalization.

- Sandeep