Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/16 01:05:16 UTC

org.apache.lucene.analysis.icu.ICUNormalizer2Filter -- why Token?

Can anyone shed light as to why this is a token filter and not a char
filter? I'm wishing for one of these _upstream_ of a tokenizer, so that the
tokenizer's lookups in its dictionaries are seeing normalized contents.

Re: org.apache.lucene.analysis.icu.ICUNormalizer2Filter -- why Token?

Posted by Robert Muir <rc...@gmail.com>.
That would be great!

Posted by Benson Margulies <be...@basistech.com>.
Thanks, I might pitch in.