Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Dhanush Gopinath <dh...@mahindrabt.com> on 2004/05/25 14:59:38 UTC

Handling Attachments in Apache Axis 1.1 in MIME encoded format

Hi All ...

I having troubling you by asking a lot of questions regarding Handling Attachments in Apache Axis 1.1 in MIME encoded format. Thanks to all who help me and finally I have found a way and my web service is up and running and the client could send the attachments in MIME encoded format.

Please note that it is not sending attachments as Inline form where we need to pass a DataHandler object to the web service method, but as MIME parts where each attachment part follow the Main SOAPMessage.

I dont know whether this is known simple thing. But since I didn't find any much help on the Net apart from Steve Loughran's Article Fear of Attachments  in the Axis project pages (http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?AxisProjectPages) . Thanks Steve for that wonderful document ( If u hear me !! :) ).

I thought I would compile a document , some thing sort of a design document, which explains how an existing client and web service can be modified to handle attachments in MIME encoded form.

Hope the attached file will help some one.
Please review and sent comments.

Thanks & Regards
Dhanush Gopinath

Disclaimer: