Posted to dev@jspwiki.apache.org by Dirk Frederickx <di...@gmail.com> on 2008/02/25 21:33:17 UTC

localisation user prefs

(on request - more ideas for user prefs ;-))

Currently JSPWiki localises its pages according to the locale of the
user's browsers.
However,  it may not always  be convenient to change the locale of the
browser. (eg. cybercafe)

So, I propose to add a Language drop-down to the User Preferences,
allowing you to choose a language from one of the JSPWiki installed
languages.
By default, the user's locale would be choosen.
The preference of another language is stored in the user-pref cookie,
clearing the cookie get's you back to the browser's locale.

Plse vote.

dirk

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
It's important to get the consensus of the community.  So everyone
gets to vote :)

But these things work on the "rough consensus and working code" -
method anyway.

/Janne

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Florian Holeczek <fl...@holeczek.de>.

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Luca Gilardoni <gi...@quinary.com>.
+1

I would also add something on this; if authentication is made against
ldap or anyway external mechanisms, it is likely that at least some
of the prefs (language being a clear example) may be available from
there as well. Just wondering how (maybe already possible) to sync
this with prefs meachanis,

--
Luca Gilardoni, Technology Director, Multichannel Applications Centre
Quinary Spa,  via Pietrasanta 14, 20141, Milan, Italy

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Janne Jalkanen <Ja...@ecyrd.com>.
+1 from my side as well.  Might be a good thing for 2.8.

/Janne

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Christophe Dupriez <ch...@destin.be>.
+10 !

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by David Gao <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Dave Wolf <da...@gmail.com>.
+1

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Andrew Jaquith <an...@mac.com>.

Re: localisation user prefs

Posted by Murray Altheim <mu...@altheim.com>.
+1.

Dirk Frederickx wrote:
> (on request - more ideas for user prefs ;-))
>
> Currently JSPWiki localises its pages according to the locale of the
> user's browsers.
> However,  it may not always  be convenient to change the locale of the
> browser. (eg. cybercafe)
>
> So, I propose to add a Language drop-down to the User Preferences,
> allowing you to choose a language from one of the JSPWiki installed
> languages.
> By default, the user's locale would be choosen.
> The preference of another language is stored in the user-pref cookie,
> clearing the cookie get's you back to the browser's locale.
>

> Plse vote.
>

> dirk

                                       -- The Blue Cliff Record