Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Brian McGovern <bm...@imediainc.com> on 2005/04/12 16:41:20 UTC

Cron type jobs in struts

Ok, This may be off topic cause the answer may not be in struts but here goes.
I have a need to run nightly jobs that inspect my data and do certain things based on what it finds..  Now i was goin to write some java classes to be invoked by cron.  But I've never done this before in java and wonder if there is a better way to approach this? any thoughts?
thanks

Re: Cron type jobs in struts

Posted by Larry Meadors <la...@gmail.com>.
I have heard Flux is pretty good, but do not know much beyond that...

RE: Cron type jobs in struts

Posted by Wiebe de Jong <wi...@shaw.ca>.
I've had Quartz in production for a year and it is doing great. Definitely a
great scheduler.

Wiebe

Re: Cron type jobs in struts

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@pingsite.com>.

Re: Cron type jobs in struts (and Schedular with Struts?)

Posted by Yen <hy...@leadingside.com>.
I found a few, but still Quartz is the most popular
http://java-source.net/open-source/job-schedulers

RE: Cron type jobs in struts (and Schedular with Struts?)

Posted by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com>.
Yep.  One of my colleagues put together a simple Quartz XML config
and Quartz PlugIn which can be downloaded from
http://demo.jgsullivan.com/quartz
and
http://demo.jgsullivan.com/struts

Also note that the Spring Framework has Quartz integration and can
easily be used to set up scheduling in the application context.

http://www.springframework.org/docs/reference/scheduling.html
http://www.springframework.org/docs/api/org/springframework/scheduling/quartz/package-summary.html#package_description

Joe

At 3:42 PM +0100 4/12/05, Marco Mistroni wrote:
>Hello,
>	Try Quartz. It will do the job for you
>http://www.opensymphony.com/quartz/
>
>regards