Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Alan Munday <sp...@brightheadtechnology.com> on 2005/05/12 18:16:19 UTC

SQL Question

I've been looking through the SA SQL docs and can only see references to spamc/spamd use of SQL.

Can I just confirm that SQL can be used with spamassassin as well?

Thanks

Alan

Re: SQL Question

Posted by Alan Munday <sp...@brightheadtechnology.com>.
Kevin Peuhkurinen wrote the following on 12/05/2005 18:12:

> Actually, scratch that.  Those are not the documents I was thinking they
> were.    Instead, download the latest copy of SA and you will find a
> folder in the distribution called "sql".  In there, there is some README
> files that describe how to set everything up.

That's better.... thanks

Alan

Re: SQL Question

Posted by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca>.

Re: SQL Question

Posted by Alan Munday <sp...@brightheadtechnology.com>.
Kevin Peuhkurinen wrote the following on 12/05/2005 18:03:
> Alan Munday wrote:
>
> Look at http://spamassassin.apache.org/full/3.0.x/dist/doc/ for file
> names that end in SQL.
>
> Kevin

Thanks, they did not come up when googling.

Alan

Re: SQL Question

Posted by Kevin Peuhkurinen <ke...@meridiancu.ca>.

Re: SQL Question

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.
On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 05:47:26PM +0100, Alan Munday wrote:

> Thanks, though I can't seem to find the Docs that cover bayes/AWL setup on
> the Wiki or apache site.
>
> Are there any docs that are considered definitive around?

sql/README.bayes
sql/README.awl

is the definitive documentation.

You can also find things on the wiki and the SQL presentation here:
http://people.apache.org/~parker/presentations/

Michael

Re: SQL Question

Posted by Alan Munday <sp...@brightheadtechnology.com>.
Michael Parker wrote the following on 12/05/2005 17:37:
> On Thu, May 12, 2005 at 05:16:19PM +0100, Alan Munday wrote:
>
>>I've been looking through the SA SQL docs and can only see references to
>>spamc/spamd use of SQL.
>>
>>Can I just confirm that SQL can be used with spamassassin as well?
>

> Only for Bayes and AWL, userprefs in SQL requires the use of spamd.
>
> Michael

Michael

Re: SQL Question

Posted by Michael Parker <pa...@pobox.com>.