Posted to users@maven.apache.org by keepfocusing <ke...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/21 07:47:49 UTC

How to reference home directory in linux?

Hi,

I want to set the local repository position with this expression
"~/m2/repo", which is also used as an example in settings.xml. But it seems
not working unless I change it into absolute path such as
"/home/abc/m2/repo".

1) Is it a bug of maven?
2) How can I do if a reference to home directory is needed here?

Thanks!

Re: How to reference home directory in linux?

Posted by Martin Höller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
On Wednesday 21 January 2009 keepfocusing wrote:
> I want to set the local repository position with this expression
> "~/m2/repo", which is also used as an example in settings.xml. But it
> seems not working unless I change it into absolute path such as
> "/home/abc/m2/repo".
>
> 1) Is it a bug of maven?

No. "~" is (usually) interpreted by the shell you are using. If it's in a
configuration file the shell never sees it thus cannot replace it with the
user's home directory. For maven "~" is just a character, nothing more.

> 2) How can I do if a reference to home directory is needed here?

As Haim said, try ${user.home}. I think this is a system property.

hth,
- martin

RE: How to reference home directory in linux?

Posted by Yossi Brosh <Yo...@retalix.com>.
Try,

<properties>
		<my.root>C:/App/proj</my.root>

<url>file:///${my.root}/Maven/repository</url>

I want to set the local repository position with this expression
"~/m2/repo", which is also used as an example in settings.xml. But it seems
not working unless I change it into absolute path such as
"/home/abc/m2/repo".

1) Is it a bug of maven?
2) How can I do if a reference to home directory is needed here?

Thanks!

Received via pineapp

Sent via pineapp

Re: How to reference home directory in linux?

Posted by Haim Ashkenazi <ha...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 8:47 AM, keepfocusing <ke...@gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I want to set the local repository position with this expression
> "~/m2/repo", which is also used as an example in settings.xml. But it seems
> not working unless I change it into absolute path such as
> "/home/abc/m2/repo".
>
> 1) Is it a bug of maven?
> 2) How can I do if a reference to home directory is needed here?

I havn't tried it, but did you try referencing it by ${user.home}?

Found this example here:
http://maven.apache.org/settings.html

  <profiles>
    <profile>
      <properties>
        <user.install>${user.home}/our-project</user.install>
      </properties>
    </profile>
  </profiles>

Bye