Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Jonathan Williams <sp...@gmail.com> on 2011/01/13 17:15:27 UTC

Re: Retrieve symlink="true" on Windows

Hi Maarten,

My apologies for not responding more promptly. I got sidetracked from this
over the holidays. Here's an example of console output from the ivy:retreive
ant call. I see at the bottom of the log that it thinks the symlink failed
to create and throws an exception, even though this is not the case.

Posted by Maarten Coene <ma...@yahoo.com>.
The problem with cygwin symbolic links are that they are not supported natively
by Windows.
This means that for instance javac.exe will treat these symlink files as regular
files, instead of symbolic links to the real jar file. This will result in
compilation errors.

IVY-1165 is a request to detect this and perform a real copy instead.

Maarten

Posted by Jonathan Williams <sp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Maarten,