Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ana Carolina <aa...@yahoo.com.ar> on 2007/05/07 16:54:32 UTC

[users@httpd] httpd and mod_acces

I had installed apache 2.0 from Centos, when I try to run httpd I get an error:
httpd: Syntax error on line xxx of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so into server: /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I need to add this module (mod_access) to my server, how I do that?
Thanks!
Ana

Preguntá. Respondé. Descubrí.
está en Yahoo! Respuestas (Beta).
¡Probalo ya!
http://www.yahoo.com.ar/respuestas

Re: [users@httpd] httpd and mod_acces

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On 5/7/07, Ana Carolina <aa...@yahoo.com.ar> wrote:

> I had installed apache 2.0 from Centos, when I try to run httpd I get an
> error:
> httpd: Syntax error on line xxx of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf: Cannot load
> /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so into server:
> /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so: cannot open shared object
> file: No such file or directory
>
> I need to add this module (mod_access) to my server, how I do that?

Does /etc/httpd/modules/mod_access.so exist?

Are you sure it is compiled for the same version of apache as the main server?

In general, install problems like this are better address on a forum
related to the people who built apache for you. In this case, that
would be Centos. They are the ones who know how things are setup on
their platform.

Joshua.