Posted to dev@mesos.apache.org by Brian Topping <br...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/09 10:30:22 UTC

Release process for hadoop-mesos

Hi all,

I've been working on https://github.com/mesos/hadoop/pull/55 <https://github.com/mesos/hadoop/pull/55> with Tom Arnfeld today. I'm working on the release process for the artifact and need to cover some issues with it to get the right configuration.

According to the POM, the project is a part of org.apache.mesos, but it's hosted on Github. Is it an Apache project?

If it is, with the permission of the PMC, I can get the sources set up so that they are compliant and set the release process through Apache's Nexus instance.

If not, we should change the GAV to something else (not org.apache.mesos, probably com.github.*) and I can release through Sonatype's OSSRH.

Thanks for any input!

best, Brian

Re: Release process for hadoop-mesos

Posted by Tom Arnfeld <to...@duedil.com>.
Myriad is indeed a completely unrelated and separate project, it's for running YARN on Mesos as opposed to the MRv1 Stack with JobTrackers and TaskTrackers.

--

Tom Arnfeld

Developer // DueDil

Posted by Brian Topping <br...@gmail.com>.
Happy to kick in Maven love wherever it can save others some headaches :) Please feel free to contact me on or off list.

If the project belongs at Apache, it probably belongs in Hadoop. Usually client projects maintain adapters for a server, otherwise the servers get crusty with unmaintained projects that nobody knows what to do with, whether they are still needed, etc.

Myriad might be the right place for this, but it seems like they are targeting Yarn whereas this is mr1 code if I understand correctly.

I'll push a PR to publish to Sonatype. I don't know if Mesosphere replicates upstream to central and I am very familiar with the Sonatype process. We can change it later if necessary.

Thanks for the input!

Posted by haosdent <ha...@gmail.com>.

--
Best Regards,