Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Tim Julien <tj...@limewire.com> on 2008/10/15 20:27:24 UTC

sever side basic auth in 4.0 core?

There seems to be alot of support for Basic Authentication (and other
schemes) in httpclient 4.0.  I'm wondering if any work has been done to
support server side auth processing - for use with httpcore?

thx!

-Tim

Re: sever side basic auth in 4.0 core?

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2008-10-15 at 14:27 -0400, Tim Julien wrote:
> There seems to be alot of support for Basic Authentication (and other
> schemes) in httpclient 4.0.  I'm wondering if any work has been done to
> support server side auth processing - for use with httpcore?
>
> thx!
>
> -Tim

Tim,

HttpCore probably would not be the right place, but a separate project
for advanced server side components is an option. However, I am very
reluctant to start any new major development unless there is at least
one or two developers willing to contribute to those efforts on a more
or regular basis.

Oleg