Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Zachi Hazan <Za...@Qlusters.com> on 2005/06/05 09:17:43 UTC

[m2]Compilation error when using maven version 2.0-alpha-2

I have just upgraded mvaen 2 to version alpha 2.
When running compiler:compile plugin the an exception is thrown (see below).
I have checked in maven sources and I saw that the method "compile"
exists only on the new plexus jar, which was upgraded  after alpha 2
realesed.

How can I solve this problem?

[ERROR] Cause:
org.apache.maven.plugin.MojoExecutionException: Fatal error compiling
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:137)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultPluginManager.java:415)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.processGoals(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:169)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:90)
        at
org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.processProject(DefaultMaven.java:253)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:167)
        at
        at
        at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:303)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:243)
        at
org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:416)
        at org.codehaus.classworlds.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:363)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: compile
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:1742)
        at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:951)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.compiler.javac.JavacCompiler.compile(JavacCompiler.java:161)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:132)
        ... 14 more

Re: [m2]Compilation error when using maven version 2.0-alpha-2

Posted by Zachi Hazan <Za...@Qlusters.com>.
I switched to another JDK (j2sdk1.4.2_04) I have installed and it solve
the problem.
Thanks for the hint ;)

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zachi Hazan <Za...@Qlusters.com>.