Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by JC Tchitchiama <jc...@panonet.net> on 2004/01/22 15:29:01 UTC

Filer is closed exception

Hi All,

xindice 1.1b2
JDK 1.4.2

I wonder if someone can help me out here. I am trying to add a file to the DB
using the xindice command tool. I get this exception about the FIler.
I think that the default filer is BTreeFiler. It looks like the InputStream
gets closed halfway through the storeResource method call.

org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException:
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.storeResource(CollectionImpl.java:366)
        at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.AddDocument.execute(AddDocument.java:143)
        at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.ImportTree.importFile(ImportTree.java:221)
        at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.ImportTree$DocumentResolver.processJar(ImportTree.java:393)
        at
org.apache.xindice.tools.command.ImportTree.execute(ImportTree.java:146)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.execute(XMLTools.java:335)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.process(XMLTools.java:215)
        at org.apache.xindice.tools.XMLTools.main(XMLTools.java:123)
Caused by: org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcException: java.lang.Exception:
org.apache.xindice.core.filer.FilerException: Filer is closed
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient$Worker.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at org.apache.xmlrpc.XmlRpcClient.execute(XmlRpcClient.java)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.runRemoteCommand(CollectionImpl.java:248)
        at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.storeResource(CollectionImpl.java:359)

--

Best Regards.

JC.

Re: Filer is closed exception

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
JC Tchitchiama wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>xindice 1.1b2
>JDK 1.4.2
>
>I wonder if someone can help me out here. I am trying to add a file to the DB
>using the xindice command tool. I get this exception about the FIler.
>I think that the default filer is BTreeFiler. It looks like the InputStream
>gets closed halfway through the storeResource method call.

Have you tried 1.1b3? Or, better, current CVS (it is not much different
from b3)?

Vadim

Re: Filer is closed exception

Posted by JC Tchitchiama <jc...@panonet.net>.
Hi
As previous post suggested I got round this problem by doing a complete
re-install of the web server and xindice. I had a go at debugging the client
and server with out seeing any convincing clues ???? So I am still not happy
with this maybe sometime in the future I will pursue the investigation
further.

--

Best Regards.

JC.