Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> on 2009/10/01 10:47:06 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC3

Hi Sebastien

Thanks for checking over the release candidate.

Quite a lot of these I wouldn't consider as blockers. But I'm
concerned about the samples that don't run. Needless to say they work
on my windows PC but my Linux dev environment is not working at the
moment. Can anyone with a unix style environment help take a look at
the failing samples.  I need to reinstall my linux PC.

Simon

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
I've made an RC4 to include the changes I think we need.

the fix for spring on linux
the update to the date in the NOTICE files
a small change to the simple-bigbank spring REAME to make it clearer
that it's not so simple
update the release date to October

I haven't addressed
  samples/calculator-implementation-policies - this does work on my
linux box so there is some smaller set of environments affected
  samples/binding-notification-producer - as this does at least work once
  quote-xquery - it sounds like this is the effect of not running the server/

I'm am going to propose we create a 1.5.2 branch to pick up from where
this activity has left off. There are a few things to look at here and
I've noticed a few other things that would be good to get out quickly
without trying to get the full 1.x branch in shape, e.g. TUSCANY-3283.
I'll create the branch shortly unless anyone is against this.

I'll start the RC4 vote shortly.

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC3

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
The change works on windows. I've looked into why it used to work on
windows but not on linux....

The path coming into the piece of code that's changed is:

file:/c:/....  on windows
file:/home   on linux

chopping the first 6 characters off this lead to

c:/ on windows, which works
home/ on linux, which doesn't

Regards

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC3

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Thanks Luciano,

I'll give it a spin

Simon

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC3

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 8:55 AM, Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> I managed to bring my linux PC back to life. V. old fedora install and
> Sun JDK 6. What I see is....
>
> samples/calculator-implementation-policies  - works so there seems to
> be some other platform thing going on. What are you running on
> Sebastien?
>
> binding-notification-producer - works once and then fails with the
> problem Sebastien reported
>
> samples/simple-bigbank-spring - fails as reported
>
> I'm not inclined to re-spin for the first two (just because they are
> not complete failures). I'm thinking about the spring one.

I have created TUSCANY-3292 to track this spring issue, and have
provided a fix in 1.5.1 branch. Could someone please verify the fix is
working in Windows.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-3292

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC3

Posted by Jean-Sebastien Delfino <js...@apache.org>.
Simon Laws wrote:
> I managed to bring my linux PC back to life. V. old fedora install and
> Sun JDK 6. What I see is....
>
> samples/calculator-implementation-policies  - works so there seems to
> be some other platform thing going on. What are you running on
> Sebastien?

I'm using Ubuntu 9.0.4, and tested again with different JDKs:
- the sample breaks with the default JDK on Ubuntu (OpenJDK)
- works with the IBM and SUN JDKs

So 2 out of 3 JDKs work. In future releases it would be useful to list
the JDKs and systems that the release has been built and tested on
(unless it's already there and I've missed it.)

--
Jean-Sebastien

Re: [VOTE] Release Tuscany SCA Java 1.5.1 RC3