Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by Dave Barton <bm...@apache.org> on 2019/06/03 17:42:23 UTC

Re: Unsubscribe from Mailing List

-------- Original Message  --------
Subject: Re: OpenOffice Documentation offensive ;)
From: Sherry Sullivan <th...@comcast.net>
To: <do...@openoffice.apache.org>, <Pe...@apache.org>
Date: Mon, 03 Jun 2019 11:58:24 -0500
> Please remove me from this list. Thank you.
>
> Sherry Sullivan
> +814.777.3340 Mobile
> thewritebrain@comcast.net
Hello Sherry ,

You may have already seen replies to your post from other list
subscribers, but I am one of the moderators for the Apache OpenOffice
Documentation mailing list. You have asked to be removed from the
mailing list, but you have not said what you have done to try and
unsubscribe yourself. You must follow the instructions given at the
bottom of most emails posted to the mailing list.

As with almost every other mailing list available on the internet,
subscribing/unsubscribing to this list is a totally automated machine
process.

To unsubscribe:

 1. Send an email _*from*_ the email account thewritebrain@comcast.net
    *_IMPORTANT:_* The email *_MUST_* be sent from the email account at
    which you are receiving the list emails, *_NOT_* from any other
    email account. The receiving computer will ignore unsubscribe
    requests from addresses which are not on the subscriber list.

 2. Within minutes you will receive an automated email requesting
    confirmation that it was really you who sent the original
    unsubscribe message, _*NOT*_ someone forging or impersonating your
    email address. (/If you do not see this confirmation email, please
    check the junk/spam area of your email program/service./)

 3. You _*MUST*_ reply to this confirmation email, otherwise your
    original request will be ignored for exactly the same reason
    mentioned in point 2 above. (/Simply select the "Reply" option of
    your email program/service. It is not necessary or desirable that
    you change or add anything to the reply./)

 4. You will then receive one last email confirming that your email
    address has been removed from the list of subscribers and the emails
    will stop.

An abbreviated form of the above instructions can be found at:

If for some exceptional reason the above procedure does not work for
you, please reply to this email with details of how and where the
procedure failed you. Moderators do have the facility to forcibly remove
any list subscriber, but this is something we employ with great
reluctance and only as a measure of last resort.

Kindest Regards

Dave

Re: Unsubscribe from Mailing List

Posted by Dave Barton <bm...@apache.org>.
Hi Sherry,

No apology necessary, it's a very easy thing to miss or overlook.

Kind Regards
Dave