Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by markhutch <ma...@solidair.ca> on 2008/03/07 18:07:24 UTC

Can't "see" file system

I have a working Apache2/Perl 5.8.8 multi-threaded system using mod_per2.0.3
running on Solaris 9. I have a working SOAP service which checks for the
existence of certain files located outside the htdocs path. Everything works
fine.

I installed the same Apache2/Perl/mod_perl2 using the same make switches etc
on a different machine (also running solaris 9) and I can use a browser and
it works. If I call a simple page (Rocks.pm - comes with mod_perl2 (or
Apache2 - can't remember which)). It comes back and says mod_perl rocks.
That also works.

However, if I add a simple test to the Rocks.pm:
if (-e "/path/to/file.txt") { print "file exists"; }

The Rocks.pm NEVER sees the "file.txt" - it doesn't think it exists. The
file DOES exist and it has 777 permissions. It has a few lines of text
(therefore, NOT empty).

And there are no errors in the Apache2 log file.

Any ideas as to where to start looking would be greatly appreciated.

RE: Can't "see" file system

Posted by "Ronald Dai." <Ro...@proexam.org>.
By /path, which root do you mean starting from? I guess you don't mean
the hard drive root directory, don't you?

Ron

Re: Can't "see" file system

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.
Somehow I get the impression we're missing part of the information here.
Suggestion just in case :
change the instruction below to

if (-e "/path/to/file.txt") {
	print "file exists";